DMCEV

Alles rund um den DeLorean
Elvis
Site Admin

DMCEV

Beitrag von Elvis »

Nun bin ich mal gespannt was ihr dazu sagt.

Das Lenkrad sieht geil aus :-)

Bild
Beim Rest bin ich mal gespannt, wir erinnern uns ja an den Solstice vor garnicht allzu langer Zeit....

http://jalopnik.com/5850023/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aber was man bisher so sieht - sieht echt toll aus.

und noch was dazu:
http://jalopnik.com/5850448/electric-de ... irst-drive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bild

und hier noch ein Video dazu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh91kzOy ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KEIN ALU !

Alexander

Re: DMCEV

Beitrag von Alexander »

Hat irgendwie etwas. Nicht zu viel, dass es deplatziert wirkt, aber auch noch nicht ganz mit dem alten Design gebrochen.
01898 und 04124 r0ck3n!

ChrisP_3921

Beitrag von ChrisP_3921 »

Nö, gefällt mir nicht!
Mit besten Grüßen
Chris & 3921

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

noch ein paar Details von Bob Brandys über das Open Hosue Event:

We just returned from the DMCH Open House. It was one of the best DeLorean events we have been to in the last 20 years.

It featured the new DMCH Electric DeLorean with Lithium Batteries. This was a very nice DC conversion and the best electric DeLorean yet. And, its off the line performance is outstanding. Free rides for many people.

The event also featured the new stage 3 supercharger for the DeLorean engine. I very nice OEM looking performance add on. Free rides for many people.

They had 3 DeLorean Time Machines, from Danny, Video Bob and Gary Weaver.
The art of making DeLorean Time Machines is now perfected, with all the parts being reproduced and professionally installed. There are now estimated to be over 50 Delorean Time Machine replicas.

There were rotating tech sessions on SS repair, brake and hydraulic systems resto, overhead T top steel reinforcement repair and reinforcement, and access to other Deloreans under going repair and restoration.

And a update on the DeLorean museum.

Great entertainment and food. Auctions of rare DeLorean collectables.

They transformed the show room overnight from Friday to Saturday. I don't think many DMCH employees slept that night.

And all the DMCH employees mingled with the attendees which was great fun and enthusiasm.

The hotel bar was a great central meeting place. With BTTF video's playing.

We missed the race track event, due to business commitments, but some day, I really want to put my V8 Time Machine on this race track.

Really great to see the Delorean is continuing to evolve.

Great job Steven, James and everyone else.

Bob, Gail and Ryan Brandys
KEIN ALU !

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Und noch ein paar interessante Details von Marc Levy:

I had a great time too Bob. I am more partial to DCS when rating the "best of the best" DeLorean shows, but I admit I am biased. :)

EV's are not a high knowledge area of mine, but I did get a ride in it and was impressed with it's performance. Considering modern EV technology, they did a good job with this project. As I understand it, this car *IS* for sale, and may be a "one off" because the next version is planned to be AC motors with regenerative breaking.

It was great to see Stage III finally ready for production. Allowing the community to get sneak peaks of this project as it has evolved over the years was a risky move for them, but the end result is a nice clean install that brings the performance to the "next level" while still retaining the stock PRV engine, and K-Jet (if that is your goal). IMHO, It would be better with an intercooler but Stephen explained that the engine does have some timing control to protect it from severe detonation. I got 2 rides in it, the ride on the street from Cameron left me feeling it was on par with the old Island turbo kits from the 80's but with the added protection of some modern electronics (timing control, bypass valve, and fuel enrichment). My VQ35 is still faster (yea, I like to brag) but for someone looking to plunk down a pile of cash (lots of it) to get some performance, this is a good option. My second ride was with Toby at the wheel on the track, and I
cried till he let me out (driving in circles makes me sick). Either way, I think I heard that the Stage III is "ready to go".

I think Bob missed some other big highlights of this event.

On display was a *NEW* black under body. Kevin and I were there Thursday night when it arrived, so it was displayed pretty much right off the truck. The claim is this is about half the weight of the original fiberglass under body, and just as stiff (if not more). They will also be offering options of have semi-clear sections for back lighting (like, in the rear pontoons, or under the bonnet.

They also had a sample of the new binnacles. I saw it, but did not get a chance to touch it. I don't know if an official announcement was made (availability and price), but it is progress on this long awaited project.

The new item I was most excited about was the combination fuel pump and level sender. It looked a lot like the one I changed out a few weeks ago in a 1997 Pontiac. It has its own integrated "fuel baffle" too. This part will replace everything in the fuel tank with a single part! It is also spring loaded, so it will sit on the bottom of the tank, and compensate for changes between tanks. If there is anyone out there hoarding fuel baffles, or level senders you better dump them now while you still can.

For anyone reading this, with regret that they missed the event, don't let it happen again! Get ready for DCS 2012 now before that is sold out too..
KEIN ALU !

Alexander

Beitrag von Alexander »

Au weh, und bei den Kommentaren bei n-tv und Blöd tritt wieder das geballte Wissen zu Tage. Weil der Erbauer ins Gefängnis kam ging die Firma bankrott, hat eine "über 3L" Maschine und säuft viel mehr als ein V8, und ist ja so wahnsinnig teuer (nun ja, wenn man sonst nur Dacias und gebrauchte Twingos fährt...) *andiestirnklatsch* Und dann noch das Atzen-Video von letztens, das jetzt mal wieder die Runde macht... *hüstel*
01898 und 04124 r0ck3n!

ChrisP_3921

Also wenn mir das Ding tatsächlich gefallen würde und es würde tatsächlich käuflich zu erwerben sein...

Bekomme ich sowas in Deutschland zugelassen?

Ernstgemeinte Frage an die Gemeinde!
Mit besten Grüßen
Chris & 3921

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

die haben schon ne Webseite aufgelegt:

http://www.dmcev.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

die gehrt dann aber direkt da hin:
http://www.delorean.com/dmcev/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Das klingt leider alles nach Kleckern statt klotzen. In JZD's Fußstapfen treten:
viel Rauch um nichts. Aber es wirkt, ich wurde erst gestern wieder darauf angesprochen,
daß die noch Material haben um 5000 Autos zu bauen...das hat sie ausgerechnet mir
erzählen wollen.... :-P
KEIN ALU !

ChrisP_3921

Ich hatte diese Woche ein Radio-Interwiew mit "Der neuen 107.7". Ein lokaler 80er Sender hier in Stuttgart. Thema war natürlich auch, das ja jetzt ein neuer Elektro Delo gebaut werden würde. Was ich davon halte usw.

Hat Spass gemacht!
Mit besten Grüßen
Chris & 3921

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Hier mal ein neues Video mit Stephen Wynne im Interview.

"...sells a half dozen remanufactured Deloreans a year !!!!"

Endlich mal eine glaubwürdige Aussage :-)

Schöner Bericht - schaut mal rein:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could- ... 30256.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KEIN ALU !

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

noch ein schlechter Bericht von Bild:

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/fahrkultur/0 ... 32,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

manche Dinge halten sich hartnäckig über Jahrzehnte hinweg.

Dir Türen sind ohne Federn wirklich sehr schwer, die sollte man so einem
sensationsgeilen Schmierfink mal auf die Finger fallen lassen :-P
KEIN ALU !

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Ein paar Infos von Steven nicht nur auf den DMCEV bezogen.

sie bauen keine Neuwagen mehr ????? ich glaube seit Ende 82 nicht mehr :-P

Man kann wie immer gespannt sein:

Interesting day with Steven at DMCH

I needed a pair of windshield wiper seals (plastic cones on bolt) so I went by DMCH to pick them up. Steven was there and we started talking. Before writing this, I asked him if anything he told me was "off limits" to share. The only thing he mentioned...I won't, but I think it's pretty good idea that many people will like. Enough said.

He took a look at my EFI'd car with its plexiglass engine cover and chopped louvers. We started talking about everything from the electric car to the supercharger to the new bits and pieces that are coming down the pike. I was very impressed with the electric car he showed me. I think that it will do a lot to bring more attention to our cars. He said that converting a stock D to electric would be on the order of $30 - $35K, a whole new car, ~$90K I think he said. Big pill to swallow, but he says they get ~70 miles to a charge and that will only get better with improve battery technology. Full charge using 240V would be ~2 hours, considerably longer with 110V. That seems awful quick to me, but I'm no expert. Right now the weight is coming in at +200 lbs, but with the lighter body tub and some upcoming enhancements to other components, he claims they will get it under today's weight.

The supercharger is a nice looking kit. Pretty bolt on for them as far as I could tell. He says that since the cam work on stage II is pretty mild, this isn't affected by it.

Binnacles, fascias and fuel pump units have all been pre-announced and I saw all three. The fuel pump assembly is nice and compact and certainly ought to solve some sender problems as well as making for a nice clean installation. He said he should be able to offer it in 2 pressures; one for K-jet (70 psi) and a lower ~43 psi version for us EFI guys, removing the need for pressure regulators. Nice. I think he said $399.

The new fiberglass body tubs are nice. Much lighter and much stronger.

All in all, it was a very interesting discussion. Stephen has lots of ideas and moving them all forward while paying for it from car and part sales to a relatively small customer base is the business challenge. The fact that they are no longer building "new cars" and aren't interested in selling engines anymore is quite telling. The focus is definitely on upgrades and the electric version. They continue to up their resale car prices by 1 to $2,000 per year he says. Watch for some "Super Deloreans" once more of the new parts are available and the electric car is launched. These $$ cars should be limited in number and have all the bells and whistles as alternatives to electric. What the internal combustion Delorean should have been.....
KEIN ALU !

Sebastian_6577

Beitrag von Sebastian_6577 »

Nunja, erstmal sollte man lernen wie ein richtig zusammengeschraubter D aussehen sollte ...
Bild

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Zumindest so soll das neue Glasfaserchassis aussehen:

Bild

http://www.evepic.com/torq-ev/item/30-e ... orean.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/12/07/ep ... te-bodies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Klingt sehr vielversprechend, wer will kann sich so ca. 100 kilo Gewicht einsparen und beim Benziner
so Pi mal Daumen 8-10% Sprit einsparen.
KEIN ALU !

ChrisP_3921

Beim Benziner ... Und beim Diesel?
Mit besten Grüßen
Chris & 3921

Antworten