Goldene Deloreans

Alles was Neulinge gerne Wissen wollen. Keine Angst, jede Frage ist erlaubt.
AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

Fred hat geschrieben:ich glaub dir es ja elvis, aber der preis steht in keinerlei relation zum eigentlichen wert der teile.
der goldpreis war damals nicht viel höher als jetzt und die galvanisierungstechnik hat sich auch nicht verändert.

um die edelstahlteile mit gold zu überziehen braucht man ca. ein kilo gold (kostet ca. 11000EUR)
wenn man nun die teile sowieso frisch aus der presse direkt vergoldet kostet die galvanisierung auch nicht übermässig viel. (keine demontagekosten etc..)

die wollten damals nur massig kohle machen, sonst nichts :-)
...haben Sie aber nicht so wirklich geschafft, wenn 100 Autos geplant waren und erstmal nur 2 realisiert wurden. Naja

Wegen dem Blenden, das hab ich mich auch irgendwie schon gefragt...wenn ein DeLorean auf der Straße auftaucht sorger er sowieso für Irretationen...aber wenn die sonne drauf scheint, blendet er doch sowieso?!? :-|

Fred_7069
Beitrag von Fred_7069 »

je glatter der schliff, desto mehr blendet er :delo:

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

warum nur erinnert mich das ganze jetzt an Goldständer ?? ;-)

Im ernst - wer meldet einen goldenen Delo auf die Straße an ?

Ne rote Nummer tut's doch auch. Der Delo an sich ist ja schon ein bunter hund, aber ein Goldener wäre sozusagen ein bunter Hund mit Las Vegas Ausstrahlung ;-)

Gab's da nicht ein Lied meines Namensgebers ? Bright light Delo is gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire...Viva Delorean....;-)

AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

ein edelstahlfarbener würde mir schon reichen...wer braucht gold....was machst du wenn dir da einer denkotflügel abschraubt???!?!

Fred_7069
Beitrag von Fred_7069 »

BATMANdeLuxe hat geschrieben:ein edelstahlfarbener würde mir schon reichen...wer braucht gold....was machst du wenn dir da einer denkotflügel abschraubt???!?!
der kotflügel geht so gschissn zum abschrauben, das tut sich keiner freiwillig an :D

AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

Fred hat geschrieben:
BATMANdeLuxe hat geschrieben:ein edelstahlfarbener würde mir schon reichen...wer braucht gold....was machst du wenn dir da einer denkotflügel abschraubt???!?!
der kotflügel geht so gschissn zum abschrauben, das tut sich keiner freiwillig an :D
Hm habs noch nicht probiert.... :?

Elvis
Site Admin

Re: Goldene Deloreans

Beitrag von Elvis »

schaut mal:

Bild

und hier ein Kommentar von Nick Sutton - ehemaliger Mitarbeiter von DMC

All I can say is thank goodness it didn't come off! Because just two gold cars (three sets of panels as I recall) took an immense amount of time to make under very special and difficult manufacturing conditions - then to make another 1000 cars to the same specification would have been an absolute impossibility!

I and my ageing colleagues would have even less hair than we do now had this become a reality. In fact a separate manufacturing facility and handling equipment would have been needed.The factory would just be finishing these cars now 30 years on!

And were did the $15K dollar cost for materials and shipping come from?

Your in the real world

Nick Sutton

DeLorean Motor Cars 1978 -1983

Alles geklaut von DMCTALK.com
KEIN ALU !

AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

Anbei ein Link zum Artikel des mysteriösen vierten goldenen DeLorean:

http://mycarquest.com/2013/02/gold-plat ... -four.html

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Herzlichen Dank Alex, das ist mal supergeil :-)

Ich kannte jahrelang nur das Gerücht über einen Doktor der sinene hat angeblich vergolden lassen.

Damit der Text nicht verloren geht, poste ich ihn auch hier:

Es ist VIN 1542.

Gold Plated DeLoreans? – Yes There Were Four
February 21, 2013 By Mike

Michael Feldman wrote to me recently to say that in the first photo on the post The Hot Rod That Started It All – The
Doane Spencer Roadster there is a gold plated DeLorean on the right side of the photo and since he owned one of only
four made it is possible that this is his former car in the Vault of the Petersen Automotive Museum.

I asked him to share the story of how he came to own a gold plated DeLorean. This is not your normal car story.
Gold DeLorean

Gold Delorean & John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls Royce – Atlantic City Auction
Text and photos by Michael Feldman, OD

This was 30 years ago, so I will do my best to describe the sequence of events that took place.

In 1981, I took delivery of the first DeLorean on Long Island, New York and paid about $28,000 including a premium for
getting the car early. I had received an offering by American Express describing 100 24K gold plated DeLoreans to be built
and sold at the price of $85,000 each. I thought how cool was that?

Gold DeLorean from American Express

I did some research and figured I could do it on my own and located an electro-chemical plating business in Laurel, Maryland
called Brushtronics Engineering and arranged to have my car gold plated. It was not done by dipping each individual panel
into an electroplating bath as were the three that were done for American Express – my car was already assembled and that
was too impractical. Rather, a process known as brush-plating was done…one panel at a time.
Gold DeLorean being created

Gold Plated DeLorean Being Created

Since stainless steel develops an oxide coating, the first step on each panel was to electrochemically clean the surface to
remove the oxide and contaminants. Since gold does not adhere well to stainless steel, each cleaned panel was then nickel
plated first and finally plated with 23K hard cobalt gold by dipping cloth coated wands hooked up to an electrical current into
a clear solution containing the gold ions and then “brush” the panel depositing the gold onto each panel.

After each panel was finished, a levigated aluminum oxide white powder was used to polish the gold to a high luster.
This procedure was repeated on the same panel several times to build up the gold thickness. It took at least 2-3 months to
complete the entire car in Maryland and then I drove it home and took it to a local body shop to have the wheels and soft
bumpers sprayed with gold paint to match the plating.

The gold plating also included the exhaust tips. I had a neighbor make up a rectangular brass plate that was engraved 24K Gold
Plated DeLorean and glued to the passenger side dashboard.

24 K Gold Delorean Show

I have numerous photographs of the car which appeared on TV in the Washington, D.C. and Maryland area news (I have video
tape with me on it) as well as TV in Atlantic City, New Jersey where I had put it up for auction (it did not sell).

Brushtronics submitted an article in a “Plating and Surface Finishing” trade journal and sent a copy to me. It shows my car when
it was being filmed for TV and also shows a great picture of it sitting with gull wings high next to John Lennon’s psychedelic
painted Rolls Royce as the show cars of the Atlantic City auction.

Gold Delorean

Many months later, I sold the car to a man from Canada and the picture of the car sitting in the driveway of my first house in
North Woodmere, Long Island New York is above. This picture was taken by the buyer the day he picked up the car and later
appeared in Road & Track magazine for sale as I understand that he could not bring the car into Canada due to some technicality.

He stored it in a garage for some time near Niagra Falls, New York. I don’t know where the car eventually wound up…but that’s my story.
Gold Delorean before and after

Before and After

Oh yes, the entire project including travel, hotel, painting wheels/bumper and the gold electroplating cost me about $8,000 in 1981.

~~~

Has anyone else gold plated their car – any model? If so share you story here.
KEIN ALU !

AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

@ Elvis: Könnte er das sein???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srASGjSoMGU

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Hier mal wieder ein Bullshit-Artikel, beschissen recherchiert, sensationsgeil aufgemacht
um Bild-Zeitung Leser zu gefallen.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 81684.html

Was kann man der Presse überhaupt glauben ?
KEIN ALU !

AlexRoth

Beitrag von AlexRoth »

Sehr cool: Der goldene beim Händler 8)
Dateianhänge
883746_627442693951424_347917533_o.jpg
883746_627442693951424_347917533_o.jpg (155.34 KiB) 50440 mal betrachtet

Sebastian_6577

Beitrag von Sebastian_6577 »

Ein Kommentar zu " mal eben galvanisch vergolden" kostet nicht viel:

Aufgrund der Tiefe der Türen passen diese nicht in ein "normales" Galvanikbad.
Daher müsste erst ein passendes Bad gebaut werden und das kostet entsprechend.
Die übrigen Teile sind weitaus weniger tief und könnten in konv. Bäder passen.
Bild

Elvis
Site Admin

Beitrag von Elvis »

Auch hier den Link zu 3M's Gold Version:

http://www.slashgear.com/3m-makes-a-4th ... -21410914/
KEIN ALU !

Antworten